How to clean the gas barbecue after use?
Its official! The barbecue season is open! We are happy that finally the weather and the health authorities allow us to enjoy great emotions outside, accompanied, of course, by delicious grill temptations. We are sure that the greatest enthusiasts among you have even already acquired the necessary equipment for an excellent and memorable barbecue experience. Among the various options for preparing a tender meat and crispy vegetables in the yard or in the wild nature, for sure, the gas barbecue leads the ranking for convenient usage and maintenance. The device, by the way, does not require special skills and specific activities to keep it in good and hygienic condition. The only effort you need to make is to clean your gas barbecue properly and carefully after use. But don’t worry, because this task is not difficult either.
Moreover, in this article we have prepared detailed instructions for this purpose. See below how to easily, fast and efficiently clean the gas barbeque after its use:
- Firstly, bear in mind that unlike the charcoal barbecue, the gas one does not require the cleaning of the coals or other flammable elements, which are used to ignite fire and ember. You just need to make sure that you have turned off the gas barbecue and you can proceed with the cleaning itself.
- As you know, gas barbecue works on the principle of the lava stones. They also should neither be cleaned or replaced after each use. According to most manufacturers, it is enough to wipe them once a year with a sponge soaked in soapy water, and in case of heavy soiling to be replaced.
- It is recommended to get a specialized detergent and a brush for cleaning grills in advance. These tools are designed to not only remove leftover food and grease stains quickly and easily, but also to keep the ribs of the grill in good condition for as long as possible, without causing scratching or rust.
- Since the grill of the gas barbecue is the main component of the appliance requiring cleaning, you will mainly have to focus your efforts on it. In case you do not have a specialized grill detergent at hand, you can resort to some home remedies to remove greasy stains and burnt food residues. In the past, usually the easiest way to clean the grill was with plain vinegar. We advise you to use organic apple cider vinegar, which further disinfects the surface, has antibacterial properties and leaves a pleasant and fresh aroma.
- The grill of the gas barbeque can also be cleaned with ordinary dishwashing liquid diluted in some water. Avoid highly abrasive cleaners that could damage the integrity of the ribs of the barbecue.
- The same universal detergent once diluted with water at ratio 1:3, can be used to clean the rest of the elements of the barbecue.
- If the gas barbecue has already been used a significant number of times, at some point you will need to carefully clean the gas nozzle at the regulating part of the appliance. For this purpose you will need to find a very thin wire. Some experts even advise an even finer cleaning of the hole by using a needle. However, do not disassemble the control element in question, under any circumstances. If you deem this as necessary due to clogging or heavy soiling – contact a specialist or the manufacturer’s/distributor’s maintenance department, which you have purchased the appliance from.
- The specialists are also the only people who are suppose to clean the valves and connections of your gas barbecue. However, it is not necessary for this to be done after each use. It is recommended to clean the gas pipe elements at least once every two years, if the barbecue is turned on significantly often.
- The adjustment knobs, the tray and the additional containers of the gas barbecue can also be cleaned with a degreaser if the degree of contamination is too high.
- Voila! You are ready! Your gas barbecue is ready for the next grill party!
Read More Interesting BlogsView all blog posts
Contact us now and receive your quote for cleaning in South West London in no time!
TestimonialsRead all testimonials
“CleanDay London cleaned our house to a top standard for an end of tenancy. Inventory clerk was impressed and we didn't have any issues getting our deposit back.”
“Cleaners did a great job. Very pleased with the service and the quality of the cleaning. Highly recommended.”