[Ultimate Guide] How To Clean Your Refrigerator In 3 Easy Steps
Have you ever wondered how to clean your refrigerator from top to bottom? Is your refrigerator looking a little old and dirty? Aren’t you tired of searching the best methods to clean your Refrigerator?
We have all of those questions, and in this article, we have summarized the top best cleaning experts’ opinions that will reveal to you the full ultimate step-by-step guide on how to clean your refrigerator professionally from top to bottom.
But before that, we just want to tell you why it is important to know how to clean your refrigerator regularly and how you can benefit the most from this guide.
First, you need to know that your refrigerator is collecting microbes and dirt that affects your food every day and regular cleaning will help you keep the food fresh and the fridge smelling sweet and good. And it’s not only about the microbes but also about the other gunk. You will know what we are talking about: the little bits of dried up kale dried in your veggie drawer, the sticky patch on the middle shelf where some rogue jam make its great escape, etc.
The benefit is that you will keep your fridge organized and cleaned. You will make your fridge look pretty every time you use it. Your food will taste better as never before.
We know that it could be a little overwhelming, but trust us, once you do it you will realize the difference immediately – it’s worth it!
So let’s get straight into the steps on how to clean your refrigerator:
STEP 1: How To Effectively Clean Your Refrigerator
1. Exclude all your sustenance from the refrigerator.
If you want to know how to clean you refrigerator like an expert, then make sure to apply this step and don’t neglect it. We know that there are a lot of people who prefer to clean their refrigerator while it is full, but we advice you to first make sure that it is empty before you start.
Put it on a table or counter, so the fridge is empty. You will need to have empty space because you can quickly assess what items to deal with.
- Although most nourishment will be fine being out of the fridge for a brief timeframe, ensure that such sustenance is not left out over an hour or somewhere around that. The food can go to the “the danger zone” in a moderately brief timeframe.
- Having a cooler can make the procedure somewhat more secure to keep your food safe, particularly amid hot summer months.
- If you are clearing out the refrigerator in an icy climate, you might want to put the things outside while you sort at your leisure.
2 . Toss out any matured, mildew covered, inedible or in any food that could not be suitable for eating.
In case that conceivable, sack safely to avert spillage or form dispersion. The yearly or quarterly fridge clean frequently alarms us to things we’ve totally disregarded.
- Check the expiration period and “use by” dates. These are great pointers that a given food ought to be gotten out.
- Throwing away things that you are probably not going to utilize. Those pickles that have been sitting in the back of the refrigerator before grandmother got her dentures most likely need to go, unless you inadvertently need to welcome some disaster.
- To make sure that your home doesn’t smell of all the food that you have thrown out, make sure to empty the bin after you finish.
3 . Take out any racking, drawers ( once in a while known as “crispers”), or other removable surface items from the icebox.
If your end goal is to take care of business faster, you’ll presumably need to evacuate shelving and place it close to the kitchen sink, where it will be much simpler to clean.
- Of you want to clean really fast, you don’t really need to take out all racking. In any case, doing such is guaranteeing you a profound clean.
4 . Wash the racking, drawers, and the other different surfaces by hand.
Any dish detergent will be fine. Most of what you removed from your refrigerator either won’t fit or shouldn’t be put in a dishwasher. Rather, foam up some suds, get a decent brush or wipe to scour with, and begin going at the removable things from your cooler.
- Never wash a frosty glass rack with boiling water. The sudden temperature change could smash the glass. Rather, utilize chilly water or expel the rack and let it come up to room temperature before washing it.
- For heavy-duty spills as well as stains, don’t be reluctant to utilize the force of boiling water and ammonia. Dilute a small amount of ammonia in boiling water (1:5 proportion ought to be plenty) and let the item(s) douse before cleaning.
- Beyond any doubt, give the racking, and drawers a chance to dry out totally on a drying rack before you embed them once again into the fridge.
5 . Wipe within the fridge with your favored cleaning arrangement.
Assault any huge or obstinate stains and hit all the rest of the surfaces with a spotless fabric or wipe.
- You presumably don’t need to utilize soap or a chemical cleaner within the cooler, as nourishment will assimilate the scent. Rather, utilize one of those normal cleaning arrangements:
- Two tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart boiling water
- 1 part apple juice vinegar to 3 parts boiling water
- For indeed unyielding stains or developments, use a dab of white toothpaste. It serves as a rough chemical, and it smells compelling fine to boot.
6 . Have in mind to clean within the refrigerator entryways.
In case that your fridge entryway has shelving space and is consistently utilized, make a point to hit that zone as well, either with a chemical detergent or with some more natural detergent.
7 . Get dry racking before returning it to its home in the fridge.
With a spotless material, wipe off any left water from your removable racking and place it back in the icebox.
8 . Clean the gasket utilizing a dissolved arrangement of ½ water and ½ vinegar or bleach.
Try not to soak the seal with undiluted blench as this may demolish the integrity of the gasket. Praise the gasket dry and after that apply lemon oil, mineral oil, or body cream on the gasket to keep the elastic supple.
9 . Reintroduce the nourishment into the fridge.
Wipe off any jugs, bottles, or tupperware and put them once more into the fridge. Make sure to check the expiration dates on any perishable items before setting them back.
STEP 2: How to cleaning the exterior of the refrigerator
1 . Wipe down every single surface that is outside of the fridge, including the front, back, sides, and top.
- Pull the cooler forward to uncover all sides. To abstain from scratching your wood floor or tearing tile, utilize an appliance float while moving your fridge.
- Clean the every single surface that is outside utilizing a towel and all-purpose clean.
STEP 3 – How to clean the condenser coils and fan blade
Your fridge condenser coils and fan are in charge for releasing warmth back into surrounding air. In case that your coils are covered with clean, hair, and trash, the warmth isn’t released appropriately which makes your fridge’s compressor works harder to keep the icebox cool. Clean your fridge condenser curls in every six months to keep your fridge in ideal condition.
1 . Find the coils.
Depending upon your icebox model, the condenser coils can be situated in a few spots:
- Along the back of the unit;
- Mounted under the unit and got to by rear panel;
- In the front of the unit and accessed via the toe grill. For more data on your cooler’s condenser coil area, reference your Use and Care manual.
2. Segregate the cooler from its energy source.
It is vital to unplug the cooler from the electricity network to counteract electric shock. In case that your unit is implicit or hard to pull forward, turn off the power via your home’s break box.
3 . Utilize a curling brush to delicately expel tidy and garbage from the coils. Be really watchful not to cut the coils.
- After cleaning the coils with a curling brush, utilize a vacuum with joined brush to tidy up the overabundance tidy and earth close by the loops. Try not to utilize a cleaning arrangement on the coils.
4 . Utilize the coil brush and a soggy cloth to expel clean and earth from the condenser fan cutting edge.
The fan flows are over the loops, which helps in discharging abundance warm. In case that the fan cutting edge is discouraged in anyway, the loops will have serious difficulties when releasing warm air.
5 . Clean the floor and encompassing area utilizing a vacuum and cloth.
6 . Connect the fridge back to electric power and slide the unit once more into the right spot.
STEP 4: How to Replace Your Water Filter
Supplanting your cooler water filter at regular intervals is imperative. The developed dirt in the filter can bring about clogs in your ice producer framework and smells or contaminants in your water.
1 . Our advice is to read your Use and Care manual to learn more about how to change the filter in your unit.
STEP 5 : How To Keep Your Refrigerator Clean and Tidy
1 . Do an occasional (quarterly) pass through your cooler to keep it new and looking great.
In every 90 days, expel most or the largest part of your sustenance from the refrigerator and wipe every one of the surfaces with baking soda or vinegar arrangement. General maintenance will spare you time and vitality later on.
- We presume that you already know this. However, we want to remind you that in case that you see a spill or stain in the refrigerator, attempt to tidy it up rapidly and evacuate the wellspring of the stain. Spills or stains that aren’t cleaned rapidly can set and get to be distinctly harder to evacuate later on.
2 . Utilize a homemade constructed air freshener to assimilate disagreeable smells and keep your cooler scent free.
Before your sustenance turns sour and begins coating within your fridge with standard blasts of terrible smells, it’s an excellent opportunity to act. We will show you what you can outfit your fridge with to battle these scents:
- A clean sock loaded with enacted charcoal — from an aquarium store, not from your barbecue briquettes. The charcoal retains the terrible scents for up to three months.
- An opened box of baking soda. The baking soda is another master smell absorber. Most baking soda products say you ought to change your baking soda out each month, yet you can most likely escape with 60 to 90 days of utilization before exchanging.
- Freshly ground espresso, put in a little dish at the back of the cooler, likewise works exceptionally well at absorbing scents.
- Unscented chlorophyll feline litter is yet another smell buster. 1/2″ kitty litter in a shallow container at the back of the cooler ought to kill most offending scents.
3 . Aroma your ice chest to give it an unpretentious scent.
This may not be for everybody, but rather a few people may appreciate the unobtrusive hint of vanilla, for instance, when they open their icebox. The operating word in this entire stride is “unpretentious.” You likely don’t need any scent to overpower after opening the cooler. Like cologne or fragrance, a decent ” afterthought ” is a much more charming, particularly combined with nourishment:
- Sprinkle a bit of vanilla concentrate, tea tree oil, or embodiment of lavender, lemon, or even bergamot in a cotton ball and place the cotton ball in a little dish at the back of the refrigerator. Put a new one each couple of weeks.
4 . Fold a bit of a brown paper pack into a ball and place it close by leafy foods in the crisper for smell security.
A folded paper sack works wonders amazed at evacuating smells in the crisper.
That all folks 🙂 If you find this task overwhelming and time consuming, and you want to hire some experts to do the job so you could have more free time for your work, friends, family or yourself, you can always hire our professionals cleaning ninjas HERE and they will happily arrive at your time and get the job done.
We have special bonuses for the following areas and services: Carpet Cleaning SW4, End of Tenancy SW4 and Cleaning Services SW4. More about the rest of the cleaning services you can learn by clicking here.
Thank you for reading this article and you can let us a comment and tell us what you think about it or ask us a question that you are interested in and we could write a topic about it. See you next time 🙂
Read More Interesting BlogsView all blog posts
Contact us now and receive your quote for cleaning in South West London in no time!
TestimonialsRead all testimonials
“CleanDay London cleaned our house to a top standard for an end of tenancy. Inventory clerk was impressed and we didn't have any issues getting our deposit back.”
“Cleaners did a great job. Very pleased with the service and the quality of the cleaning. Highly recommended.”